Redwood Coast Village (RCV) membership is open to residents of Humboldt County, California aged 50 and above who need just a little help to stay in their own homes. We welcome members from throughout our diverse community, and also seek volunteers of all ages to assist them from every race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, and cultural group that makes up our diverse community. We are looking for members, and local volunteers to serve them, from communities throughout the county. Please note, areas of service will need to have a good balance of Volunteers and Members.
Welcome to Redwood Coast Village! We are excited that you are interested in becoming a Member. Please look at the membership documents online and check out the Member Handbook. The Handbook can answer many questions you might have about how RCV works and what Members and Volunteers do.
Here are your steps to becoming a Member!
1) Complete Membership Application (online or print out the form and mail it to A1AA - RCV, 434 7th Street, Eureka, CA 95501).
WHILE WE ARE LAUNCHING REDWOOD COAST VILLAGE, PLEASE WAIT UNTIL SERVICES START IN YOUR AREA TO SIGN-UP FOR MONTHLY MEMBERSHIP. INSTEAD, PLEASE DOWNLOAD THE MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION BY CLICKING ON THE FORM ABOVE AND MAIL IT TO THE ADDRESS BELOW.
2) You will be contacted and asked to attend a Member orientation meeting. If you cannot leave your home or neighborhood, a personal visit or community meeting might be arranged in your area.
3) You will be sent an online invitation to confidentially complete a Verified Volunteers background check online (the RCV Office can help with this process if need be).
4) After your application has been reviewed and approved, you will be notified to pay your membership fee in full (online or by check), arrange for online monthly payments through your credit or debit card, or contact the RCV Office to discuss getting partial fee assistance from the Trillium Scholarship Fund.
Payments by check should be made out to A1AA/RCV. Please mail check to
Area 1 Agency on Aging
434 7th Street
Eureka, CA 95501
5) Once you complete the orientation and background check you will sign the Membership Agreement and receive a photo identification badge and Volunteer-based services can begin.
6) The term of your membership starts when Redwood Coast Village services are available and your application process has been completed.
For the safety of our staff, Members and Volunteers, age 18 and over, will have background checks from a nationally recognized security company, “Verified Volunteers,” which provides online volunteer screening and background checks for nonprofits and service organizations.
After you apply to be a RCV Member or Volunteer, you will receive an online invitation to complete the Verified Volunteer background check application on your own computer at no charge to you. You will be asked to enter your name and other information including your social security number. This is confidential and no RCV staff will have access to your Social Security number. (Members and Volunteers can get assistance with this process from the staff at the RCV Office.)
The background check then screens for felony convictions across the United States. Only you and key RCV staff will be able to see the reports.